These cookies are super yummy and super versatile. You can change what you put into the cookies and totally change the flavor of the cookie. They have some oatmeal in them too so they have to be kind of healthy, right?
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup hazelnut spread (like Nutella)
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon light corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 1/2 cups regular oats (not quick), uncooked
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup peanut butter morsels
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy, add sugars. Beat well. Add peanut butter, hazelnut spread and the next 3 ingredients. Add the oats, soda and salt. Stir well. Stir in peanut butter and chocolate morsels. Measure out cookies using a cookie scooper. Drop onto ungreased cookie sheet about 2-3 inches apart. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes (centers should be slightly soft). Cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
- Use peanut butter instead of Nutella.
- Use pecans or walnuts instead of peanut butter chips.
- Use chocolate chips instead of peanut butter chips.
- Use 1 cup M&M’s instead of peanut butter chips or chocolate chips.
- Make the cookies “monster” as well by making larger cookies. Drop onto cookie sheet using 1/4 cup measure. Press down the centers of the cookies to spread them out before cooking.