This recipe is super simple, has only a few ingredients, and is really versatile too. Did I also mention that it is low in fat? I have used it in a number of different ways. First, I will share the recipe with you, and then I will give you some ideas of how you can eat it by itself or how to use it as a base for other recipes.
4 boneless chicken breasts
1 envelope dry Italian salad dressing mix
1 cup water
1 chicken bouillon cube
Place chicken breasts in crockpot. Sprinkle dry Italian mix evenly on top of the chicken breasts. Microwave 1 cup water and chicken bouillon cube in the microwave until bouillon cube is dissolved (about 2 minutes). Carefully pour chicken bouillon mixture around the sides of the chicken. Take care to not pour the broth on top of the chicken so the seasoning does not wash off of the chicken breasts. Simmer in the crockpot for 6-8 hours or until chicken is cooked through and fork tender.
- Serve chicken and broth over egg noodles sprinkled with Parmesan cheese and a side salad.
- Shred all of the chicken and divide in half using two forks. Use the shredded chicken for any of the following:
- chicken enchiladas
- chicken soups
- chicken pasta dishes
- chicken pot pie (my kid’s love this one)
- chicken casserole recipes
- Shred all of the chicken and divide in half. Freeze in resealable plastic bags for a quick addition to a meal on a busy weeknight.
This recipe is a staple in our house which I make about once a month. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.