Madison and I had a great time using our imaginations as we made coaster after coaster. I couldn’t help but think of how great these would be to give as gifts. You could set aside a night or two and work on them.
What you will need:
Tip: You need to buy a tile which has a smooth top to make it easy to decoupage your paper onto the top of it. A word to the wise would be to not buy Travertine like I did. It was pretty and smooth on the top, but the bottom of the tile is rough. If I had it to do over again, I would get a tile which is smooth on the top and smooth on the bottom too so tables don’t get scratched. I used a tile which was 4″ x 4″.
How To Make Them
- Use scrapbook paper in coordinating colors and patterns to make your coasters look pretty together.
- Use take out menus from restaurants which you and your friend or spouse or family love to frequent together and decoupage them onto the tiles.
- Get a map of the United States or a specific region and cut out and paste areas of the country which are important to you.
- If you are separated by distance from someone you love, get a map of the United States and highlight the route between your town and theirs. Cut the route out and give it as a birthday or Christmas gift or just as a happy.
- Use newspapers or magazines to cut out quotes, articles, or pictures you like.
- Use old books or your kid’s artwork from school.